Saturday, April 16, 2011

Steal this Idea, Please

Well, I've pitched it to my editor twice, in two different configurations and each time she slaps me back. Most recently she told me that my readers didn't want to read a hard, gritty forensic book from me. "They expect your snarky tone." Yep she actually said that.

Remember back in 2006 when there were a bunch of horse shootings in a crescent pattern just south of the Twin Cities? It got my mind going in all the most conspiratorial and paranoid ways. I'm sure it got law enforcement thinking too.

But just because I can't go gritty, and I can't think how to bring snarky into it, doesn't mean it isn't going to be fruitful for someone else. So check out horse shootings, and plot on a map, and do a little thinking of your own.

My conclusion was pretty chilling. And it didn't involve the insurance scam my editor suggested.

No comments:

Post a Comment